Visiting The Barn Garden
We open the garden once a year for the National Gardens Scheme (NGS). In 2018 it will be on the 10th June, 2-5pm. Combined admission with Serge Hill is £8.
We also are very happy to have visits by appointment for groups of over 12 people. We charge £15 per head for visits and all the money raised is given to charity.
In 2017 we raised money for the following charities (in addition to the NGS):
- Horatio's Garden - beautiful and inspiring therapeutic gardens planned for spinal patients at Stoke Mandeville Hospital and The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore,
- Signpost Counselling - an excellent local youth counselling service in Watford,
- The Charleston Trust - the beautiful arts centre and home of the Bloomsbury Group in West Sussex,
- The Garden Museum - the wonderful, recently enlarged museum in Lambeth, and
- New Ways - a brilliant charity supporting community water and food projects in Turkhana, Northern Kenya.
You can also visit the garden at Serge Hill at the same time, generally between May to the end of July. This lovely Regency house is set in parkland with a beautiful walled garden planted by Kate Stuart-Smith (Tom's sister). They do very fine Teas and Lunches, by arrangement with Kate.
The cost of visiting both gardens - Serge Hill & The Barn - is £24 per head for the first 25 people and then £15 per head thereafter.
To visit The Barn or both gardens please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and please include a note of approximate numbers, means of transport and preferred date.
How to find us: you can get here by car or coach and there is off road free parking in a field. You can also get a train to Kings Langley and then either walk for 57 mins (2.7 miles) or get a taxi from the station.